Psychic Predictions: The Benefits & Pitfalls Of Future Predictions In Readings

In 13 years of researching psychics and mediums, I’ve had more questions from people about future predictions than anything else. People are confused and fearful while at the same time fascinated. I created this video to give you insight and clarity so that you’ll understand the benefits and pitfalls of predictions. If you’ve ever had a psychic predict a future event that didn’t come to pass, that came true but missed the predicted date, or that came true but a little differently than was predicted, this video explains why. Even if predictions don’t interest you but you do enjoy readings with psychics or mediums, I think you’ll find this video report helpful and intriguing.” ~ Bob Olson, Afterlife TV

Bob Olson explains the pros and cons of psychic predictions.

Comments

1. Nam says:

Thanks fr this wonderful video. It couldnt have come out more timely. I just had a reading with a psychic medium and got some not so positive predictions about my relationship. I felt pretty bad after that. Then as I was thinking about it, i started to wonder if eventually these predictions do come true, would it be that it has been meant to come true or would it be just a self fulfilled prophecy. Would it be because i couldnt stop thinking about it that gives it the energy which makes it come true… Well, im so happy to watch your video today giving the answer that im looking for.
    Thanks for your work. Im a huge fan of your videos.

Have a nice day!

Hi Nam,

That’s great. Divine timing. And, yes, that is one aspect of the self-fulfilling prophesy–that we attract that which we focus upon. Glad the video was timely and helpful for you. Thanks for your comment.

2. Jim Toler says:

Thanks for a great show.
    It made lots of sense.
    Keep up your good work. It is appreciated. Thanks also for the reminders.

Love and Light

Jim

3. Robyn Vaughn says:

Bob,
    Great topic – so glad you talked about this. It is true that we do give up so much of our power when we’re talking with someone who can contact the ‘great beyond’ when in fact, God enables all of us to know everything that we need to in order to fulfill our lives’ paths. Unfortunately, we have been brainwashed by religion and science that this ‘gift’ is not ours to have. The power that lies within us is awesome – all we have to do is tap into it!!

-Robyn

Hi Robyn,

I’m glad you like it and grabbed hold of that very important point to not give our power away to psychics and mediums. I appreciate your comment.

4. marlene says:

i love all your videos,and i was wondering had you thought about doing an interview with delores cannon? thanks,marlene

Hi Marlene,

She has been suggested by others, as well. I’m open to it. So we’ll see.

Thanks for the suggestion,

5. Rosemary says:

After listening to you about benefits & pitfalls of predicitons I am concerned. A medium who was very accurate with the mediumship reading gave me specific dates 3 times, one through the mediumship with spirit, one in the psychic reading and one in a question reading. All 3 times this person and spirit gave me a date. I was so looking forward to that date and things to happen. I am now sick to think that I would not even think of that date if it was not given to me 3 times. Could it be that it will happen later? How could spirit tell the medium of that date as well. How much in the future can a medium or psychic give info. It does involve another person. So I wanted to believe and still hoping he was accurate and just off with timing. I am now so very upset about this situation. However, the mediumship info was all so accurate that I was convinced this would happen as well… All 3 answers were within a 4 month period.

Can I still think it may happen or was spirit just wrong with the medium psychic as well. or is the timing a little off as it is now almost 10 months since the first medium reading.

Rosemary

Hi Rosemary,

You should probably watch this video a second time. I did not say the predictions you got definitely won’t come true–they might. You seem to have concluded that for some reason. So watch it again, as I think my position on this is stated pretty clearly. And if you have 3 different sources giving you the same prediction, that’s pretty good. But, as I stated in the video, predictions are merely a snapshot in time (meaning the psychics or mediums who gave you those predictions could have been quite accurate, but only for that moment). So your free will (or someone else’s who is affected by it) can change what was predicted–as early as one second after the prediction is made. This is why I’m not a big proponent for predictions. They only tell a limited story. But I hope you’ll watch the video again, because I think you missed my point.

6. ALARABIYE says:

HELLO MR BOB AND HOW ARE YOU . BOB WHEN INDIVIDUALS DREAM THEIR LOVE WHO DEAD ISN’T THIS MEAN THAT THEY ARE SEEING GHOST AND THAN SEEING GHOST ACTIVITES WITHIN PLACES IN HOUSE OR APPARTMENT BUILDING .

Hi Alarabiye,

When people dream about their loved ones, some of these dreams are called dream visitations. This is when your loved one actually visits you in your dream state to say hello and let you know that they are okay and are with you.

7. Ann says:

Really enjoyed your video…I was wondering if you have any insights on this..Went for dinner with a friend and a free tea leaf reading was included with dinner.. Fun right??? Nope. was a terrible experience..She explained that my husband would be going up soon..Meaning death…When i said when..she said 5..I said years? she did not answer..She informed me to make sure everything is in my name..Also, she predicted my sister’s bad knees, but not her breast cancer which we were dealing with at the time..Also asked how my daughter was.?.I do not have a daughter.. she was off on a few points..Really frightened me. But as you mentioned free will being what it is..
    I know my husband will die one day..But, to predict this has really put a scare in me..I am thinking 5 months weeks or years…Now on my mind…,Cant seem to shake it..Any insight on this would be helpful..
    Ann

Hi Ann,

Sounds like that “free” tea-leaf reading has cost you a lot (the burden of worry). I had the same thing happen to me early in my investigation of psychic mediums. I had a medium tell me that my two best friends were going to die in a car accident and that Melissa and I would adopt their young daughter. That was awful, especially after a few of her other predictions came true. But now, 14 years later, it never happened — no accident, no adoption. It was all just a big lesson for me to learn about psychics and predictions.

I think it’s wrong, wrong, wrong to give someone such a prediction, which is why I created this video in the first place. After all, psychics are often wrong. They misinterpret, misunderstand, mistaken one message for another. What kind of person would plant that seed in someone’s mind knowing the prediction of death could be wrong? From my perspective, only an inexperienced and irresponsible psychic would do this.

I wouldn’t think twice about the prediction, Ann. Instead, use it as a powerful lesson on this very subject. There’s so much to learn from it, the first being that it’s wise to only get readings from a psychic who you know understands how to use their ability responsibly, professionally, and ethically. Predicting death violates all three.

In an effort to remain positive, I always think of incidents like this as holding a lesson for us that we will have forever. I believe there’s a purpose for this happening to you. I won’t “predict” what that purpose is, but trusting that it’s so is often enough. Thanks for sharing your story. I wish you the very best.

8. Annick says:

Merci !!!

9. Julie says:

I agree that a psychic can be beneficial in affirming what I intuitively know. A recent reading left me feeling disempowered. I am in Ireland, and unemployed. The psychic told me I needed to move as I was in the wrong country and a relationship that was on the horizon is not my soulmate and I would then meet my soulmate, have a good career and a child in the USA. I intuitively feel I should return to the US . Thanks again but if I don’t it feels like I would be doomed here, Julie

Hi Julie,

Since you’ve seen my video on predictions, you already know how I feel about this subject. Follow what your own intuition is telling you above all else. Watch my video on predictions again because I think I’m pretty straightforward about how I feel about them there. And stop worrying that you might be going in the wrong direction, because the fact that you are alive and experiencing life means that you are doing what your soul set out to do — have experiences on the physical plane. Positive experiences or negative experiences does not make one right and the other wrong. They are both useful to your soul. Your soul learns from every experience. Be at peace, Julie.